The Empty Waste
Character Creation Rules
- Pathfinder Rules – Core Rule Book only.
- Medium experience point progression.
- No evil Characters.
- The character MUST be from Falak or at least spent the majority of his/her life there.
- The character can choose from one of the 14 nomadic tribes (known as the Badawi) or come from one of the 12 cities found in Falak.
- All variable rolls will be rolled with the group (hit points, etc.).
- Hit points will be calculated as follows: Roll once with a minimum of ½ the class hit die rounded down.
- Pathfinder point buy system: 20 points.
- Each character gets an additional 2 points for the point buy system if they provide a written background for their character.
- Requirements for background:
- I need at least three names in the background: a mentor-type (could be a parent, a trainer, etc…..someone who has influenced your character and who your character looks up to); a friend (if you wish, you could join with one of the other players and the character could be your friend – additionally, a sibling would work as well); an enemy (this does not have to be a villain – could just be a person you didn’t get along with, someone who vied for the same girl/guy, etc).
- A description of your family unit and what they do for a living, with names.
- No length requirements, but I want to know who your character is before we start so what you provide must achieve that goal.
- If you are not a writer, then the story can be given in bullet-points.
- The more non-player characters you incorporate into the story, the more information I have to flesh out the world with your character being an integral part of that world (The background is the player's opportunity to create a portion of the world…mold it into something that helps fit your character's background).
- I am not expecting riveting, well written stories (although that would be appreciated).
- If you provide no or little information, do not get upset when the story tends to revolve around those characters who provided me with a rich, detailed background and several plot hooks.